Buy Filipino ingredients online from Nanay Sebing's Pinoy Sari-Sari Store and have them delivered to your doorstep anywhere in the world.
1. In a large bowl, mix the beef, soy sauce, calamansi, black pepper and MSG.
2. Cover the bowl and let the mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a frying pan, heat the oil and stir fry the onion rings until soft.
4. Remove the onion rings from the pan and increase the heat until the remaining oil is very hot.
5. Reserve the marinade, fry the beef slices in batches until brown, remove them to a plate as they cook.
6. When all the beef has been cooked, stir fry the garlic in the remaining oil.
7. Pour in the marinade and let it boil for about 1 minute.
8. Arrange the beef slices on a plate, top it with the onion rings, and pour the sauce over them.
9. Serve hot with rice.